Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pranks

Today for some reason i remember how much pranks i was involved in as a child. Now that i thik about them, was actually involved in some really serious ones that could have hurt people but we didn't thik about the implications as kids.

Ok, please tell me that we just were not wierd in my household. ok, scenerio: if someone is calling me, i'll hide behind the door and when the person comes through i scare them by shouting "gba" "gboa" or something silly like that. Does that ring a bell? U don't even have to be called, just hide and scare anyone coming around sha...

Well, that was the case in my household a very long time ago. We had this young house-help then that used to swear that no one was ever going to get her, u know "i ain't never scare!" kinda attitude...lol... True to her word, no one could ever get her, but she always got us good. Climb up the stairs, and she'll be hiding waiting to say "gbo," Enter into the kitchen and she's a in corner waiting to scare you...turn on the stairs in the bedroom and she'll appear and scare you...infact it got to a point that my cousins and i decided that we had had enough and we were going to get her real good.

So this particular day, she was left to make sure all the doors were securely locked as usual. She had cut off the lights and all and gone upstairs.

Two of my cousins and i came back downstairs, one had powder covering her face and wearing black, the other was completely covered up to the face with a white bedsheet and i had a black and white one covering me up. An aunt who was on this with us, sent her back downstairs to get something for her. Moment she cut the lights back off, we appeared looking like some real scary ghost and making funny noises, My cousin proceeded to call her name 3 times like you would see in some of those yoruba homevideos, asked her to kneel down and she must not scream, while the rest of us went on with our hmmmmmmm noises.

Men, this girl was dying, she was crying like the world was coming to an end, she was shaking, and begging altogether, can't remember what story my cousin formulated for her sha but i remember the end was that she should put her head down so that we can disappear and she must not say a word about our appearance sha...we ran upstairs and waited for her to come up...the girl ran like she had truly seen spirits, but we burst out laughing as soon as she got in...we got her real good! I thought that was funny...but now i think it could have been an expensive joke sha, what if she had a heart attack or something?

Another case, we had friends visiting from the Gambia. I had met the man a couple of times, but this was the first time i was meeting his daughters from two different mothers and about the same age as me. Very funny, the girls and i bonded very well, like we had known each other forever. Anyway, one of them, let's call her A, told me the other one-B, slept like a log of wood through anything. Of-course, i wanted to put it to the test and A was willing to prove it to me. It was actually A's plan. the three of us slept in the same room that nite after talking for many hours. Of-course B was the first to fall asleep. We waited for about 30 mins after she was asleep, then went into the bathroom and started running water. A lighted a newspaper and put it through B's noise/face briefly and we started to shout fire! fire! fire!

Best to believe that B woke up, looked at us and went rite back to sleep. Actually, i doubt if she really woke up sef, she just turned around and looked and slept back...lol...

Oh gosh, i think i have a few more, but i just remembered i had to prepare and send some tests to the scoring center...God help me, they may not come back before parent conferences....

I'm really calling for trouble with this blogging habit. As much as i like blogging, i don't even blog at home. I only like it here at work....

Oh, did i mention i just joined facebook like 2 or 3 weeks ago and i can actually say there is nothing to it. I'm not addicted! I actually like my blogsville instead!!!

Ok, i'm outie!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lmao@the first story...too funny

Flourishing Florida said...

my dear, fb is boring joo. maybe now one can chat on it, it's looking up

Chari said...

Hahahahhaaha...omg omg...this girl ur too funny...silly kids...I cant believe that maid fell for it...

Unknown said...

i miss those days...life is too serius nowadays...gosh!
FFF...yeah, with chatting, maybe it'll get better...how far with my hook up now?