Friday, May 23, 2008

Daddy Schic

I love my daddy...

I'll start with the fact that i now know i'm ready for marriage for real! O.k well, atleast for one part sha- caring for someone else other than myself...since daddy schic has been around, i've surprised myself. I've woken up early enough rather than my usual time enough to take a bath, dress and run out. I've been getting up to make breakfast and then rushing back home in the evening to make dinner...While i'm doing it religiously, i'm so tired of it! I've run out of what to make for breakfast that can just be warmed in the microwave and still be ok. I'm also tired of having to rush home to make dinner abeg! You know how sometimes you just want to go home, take a shower and crawl under the sheets with a nice book or just watch tv or something rather than going on to start making eba, amala, poundo yam, fresh efo, or okro...well...only for a time sha...I actually told my younger sister how i was going to encourage the man to come spend time with her even though she shares her place with someone else, but for real ehnn, the man will starve over there. I'm sorry to say my sister can't cook much to save a life...

While we're still on daddy schic, i've decided that i need to have a child ASAP...ok, i've been thinking bout getting preggies beginning of next year, but the way i'm seeing things ehhnnn, it's pushing me to hurry up. Let me explain- daddy schic has 4 official grandkids. i say official because i have one brother like that u can never tell with him sha...we think he may have more than the three he has declared or are in the open...lol...Anyway, of the four, only one is with him in nigeria and they live under the same roof. Well, this trip, every single place we've gone to, i've heard too much of "ahhh! this will be good for "R" infact, of everything we've bought, i think "R" has the most stuff. Last saturday, he said he had gotten enough stuff for "R" o, na so we go one store yesterday, he still bought things for her...to think that R is going to be a big sister too very soon. On the other hand in naija, i heard "R" goes to granpa's door each morning knocking and shouting granpa, granpa, so they have to call granpa for her to talk to. Me i'm jealous abeg! "R" is not even two yet and she has that kinda hold on daddy schic...abeg, "R" back-off his my daddy..ki lo de? I know his your grandaddy, but i knew him first!

Oh yeah, it's sweet and funny that daddy schic does not realize that his girls are grown women oh! I mean, i'm really close to 30 (abeg, i no dey talk my age!) but let's just say that 1-3 yrs away from 30. My younger sister is in her early 20's sha, close to the middle. That's how Daddy schic is on the phone with someone talking bout "yes o, i came to see the children!" Another time i heard him arranging something with one of my older cousins saying yeah, the girls and i will come and spend the day.

Just this morning, i'm feeling like a babe and trying to look cute and all... i had my tank top showing below my other top, there goes the man asking me why i'm dressed like that? and his really trying to adjust it for me...i had to tell him that's what it's supposed to look like!lol...

Daddy schic's birthday will be while his still here...i'm thinking bout throwing him a small get-together or maybe we should all go out to dinner? I don't know jare...I think doing the get-together will be better sha...hmmm...

5 comments:

Chari said...

eeeyaa how sweet...gosh couldnt help smilin all through...soon enough...jus soon enough you'll be strutting down the aisle with Daddy S.chic..amen!

Ms Sula said...

That's so sweet... You taking care of daddy like this.

lol@ you being jealous of R! Lol!

How long is Daddy schic supposed to stay?

Allied said...

e don tey since i come this blog...

I know what you mean, i remember a friend of mine came to visit me from India, i ran home every evening to cook for him. After day 4, i was tired.

I had to call my married cousin, how she does it..

She said " it is love".

Anonymous said...

charizard: Amen oh...currently making trying to secure that the man gets a chance to work me down the aisle as per for girl too!

ms sula:thanks jare...it's a lto fo work sha...i am jealous of R oh, i won't even lie! And his got another two more weeks...one of which his going somewhere else...and then the other half of the last week with somewhere else again...i get some break! yipee!

Anonymous said...

eyaa...Allied how now? It really can only be love oh! it's not easy for real!!! Read your piece on 14th & Serenity...beautiful as usual!