Monday, May 12, 2008

Dear Mother

Dear Mother,

I had so many things to say to you, yet i can't find the words to pen them down. Apparently, those things just want to stay in my head.

Well, too many times i've wished you were here...all through the years and at different experiences or milestones in my life, i've silently wished you were here to share it with me. I honestly can't say what the difference would have been, but i'm sure you're looking down and seeing what a great job dad has done.

I 've wished you were here more in recent years than when i was much younger, i wish you were here now to answer my questions about this direction God is taking me...

19 years ago today, you decided you could not fight cancer anymore and you gave up to join the hosts of heaven.

I wish you had fought some more for our sake but i understand...

After the meeting today, i really really wish you were here to help me make the decision...

I hope that while you're sitting in the bossom of our Lord Jesus Christ, you're looking down and interceding on my behalf and asking God to show me the way...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, momsie didnt leave a vacuum, she created a space for you to grow- she stepped aside so you can take charge. And through the valley of decisions like the one you are going through right now she walks with you all the way, prodding your feet, nudging your heart -'cos she bears witness with your maker and together they are saying - 'Girl we put in you the secret of being the best 'You' there is; its programmed in your genes, its borne by the blood of him that redeemed you...

nuff said

Anonymous said...

I'm sending much love to you, D. I am sure your mom is looking down from heaven and happy to see what a lovely woman her daughter has become.

I bet you made the right decision

Unknown said...

thanks two of my favorite people...NB & GNG...

Flourishing Florida said...

pele. u'd so miss ur mom on ur wedding! it's well. God will give u comfort

AJIKE said...

sweetie she is in the right place
right nhow
you are precious
and God has kept you to make thosedecisions yourself, am sure u made the right one
mama is looking down
be strong ok
it is well

How are u hun!

Unknown said...

FFF: u can say that again oh...but i've got too many mother figures in my life...so that's nice

ajike: thanks luv...how now? how u dey?