Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Friend

Still in line with my just writing series, had a funny conversation with a dear friend of mine (sweetie, u know this is about you since you're the only one with access to this blog in my real world, so abeg permit me to do this... i'm still pondering bout our conversation.)

Anyway, So i'm chatting with a very dear friend of mine when he says "s.chic i have a confession." In all my vainness i'm thinking "Oh Lord, i hope his not falling for me!" when he hits me with a bigger one with " I have desires for other women."

Now, my friend is a married man. I was short of words (very unusual for me.) After a minute i thought about it and started to understand his plight. (ok maybe not understand sha, but have an idea.)

Let me just say i really admire my friend for admitting this fact though, his guy friends are surprised his still not cheating on his wife especially being in nigeria and we all know how some of our young ladies parade themselves and his in the entertainment/fashion industry. He knows it's wrong and his been controlling those desires but not sure how long it will last. A big part of the problem is coming from the bedroom (if you know what i mean.) His wife is a beautiful woman and they've got two wonderful little cuties. She's very conservative and the kind you want to have at home.

My friend admits that one of the problem is that his wife is conservative to the extent that a "lot" of things he wants to do, he finds it hard doing in the bedroom because he can't be too wild. Don't want to go into too much details, but my little two cents, (as usual) is that he teaches his wife what he wants to do to her and what he wants her to do to him. I strongly believe that as long as you're doing things in your marriage bed, then there are no limits or boundaries to what can be done. We actually had a discussion about this at young adults fellowship one-time, the topic has something to do with oral sex being right or wrong even if you're doing it to your husband/wife. At the end of the day, those that stayed firm on the ground that it was alrite still did not change, and some decided it was sinful.

But on another note, i guess my question is that is this desires by men helpable or not? I've asked a couple of guys and they all seem to agree that it's normal for men to have those desires, acting up on them is a different thing. For this reason, many say that atleast 90% of men will cheat on there wife one time or the other during marriage because they just can't help it. God Help us all...

No comments: