Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Just Writing

Finally took that bloody exam... well i won't say much until i get my "pass" or "fair."

Now i can blog more, then again i doubt i can ever really be consistent, i admire those who dedicate time to this thing.

Anyway, i do have a lot to talk about but my train of thought is scattered sef so as you can tell already i'm just rambling.

It's funny how this life works sha (i need to stop this "sha" habit) but anyway, my very good friend "J" is desperating looking to get married. I think desperate is an understatement for how she's looking but i can't seem to find a betterword to describe her situation. At our young age, she's convinced we must have a problem or that their are external forces (now, that angle always gets me laughing, "get thee behind me satan!") behind our not currently seeing someone. For her, last 6-8 months is the longest she's been without being with someone and she has a big problem letting people know that; as in she's ashamed to let people know that she's single. The rationale behind that is truly beyond moi. So "J" has had many potentials along the way including her last boyfriend, Yemisi. I thought Yemisi was really cool but not ready for that kinda commitment that "J" wanted. The chap was still trying to complete undergrad degree and figure things out. But of-course my dear friend is ahead of the game. She's got an MBA already and she's got a pretty cool job too so i guess that relationship didn't last but for a while.
After Yemisi, they've been a series of potentials but none that she got into a relationship with. There was Seun which she declared her love to but homeboy only saw her as a sister, there was this other chap who is not nigerian but is actually really cool, but it's a no go area for my dear friend because her family is very very, i repeat, very very traditional to the core. Now the funniest one bros K. Yeah, another church bros. Now, for some crazy reason my dear friend is beginning to like bros K, but she's ashamed to say it out too. Today i finally got her to say what she's been ashamed to say. First, let me explain my dear friend. "J" is a beautiful black girl, tall, slim, (the kind they call "lepa"). "J" dresses to kill, she's one of those that can't be caught not doing it up, or having a bad hair day unlike me. "J" does not wear flip flops or slippers out for any reason it's always got to be something fancy. I have to add though that she has a wonderful heart and a beautiful spirit; Oh, she's also in the choir, infact she's like the choir mistress or something of the sort. So, bros K is not a bad looking chap sha, but not to mince words, his simply the yoruba speaking type. Today while chatting with my friend she finally confessed that the social status level was way different, there seem to be a generational gap thing going on as well even though the guy is only 31 but acts like his 50. The guy loves oldies like sunny ade and obey (which i see nothing wrong with becos i like too) but she can't handle that either. It would take too much to "polish" him up inspite of the fact that the guy is an accountant. I confession had me cracking the twist is that she actually likes him though, his witty, caring, and she actually believes he'll be a good husband.

Now the dilema is can she let go with all the rest of the stuff and be with him or just let go of him completely. Left to me, i truly have no idea and can't advice. I've given my own two cents though which is that whatever makes her happy and at peace is what she should do! abi?

O.k spent more time doing this than i thot, guess i'll have to go on with my rantings larra.

2 comments:

princesa said...

Hey girl!
Sorry i havnt been here in a while!
Thanks for the support on my mum's surgery.

I dont know how old ur friend J is but i really think she should take things easy before she end up with the wrong guy.

She obviously doesnt love bros K but the though of being left off on the shelf is driving her to want to 'manage' him!
Please tell her to chill, when she meets her husband, everything will be right(as she wants it).

I wish you goodluck with the exams.
You must pass o!

Unknown said...

Hey princesa, thanks again for stopping by... took the exam already o, will get results in a month... hope your momsie is recovering well.TC