Monday, April 14, 2008

One of them days

It's one of those days when i'm at work and have so much work to do and i'm still bored and don't feel like doing jack.

I'm down for a couple of reasons yet i give all the glory to God sha..."This too shall pass" hmmm

Was looking through one of those magazines from home, i forget the name now...but why was there an ad that read:

"41 years old, good-looking, well to do man seeking cripple for relationship that will lead to marriage. Promise to make you happy. " proceeded to leave calling number.

Is it just me or that wierd? I thought about the options and it's sad to say my yoruba movie watching self had the better of me. Maybe the man had been told he must marry a cripple for some reason? then again, maybe the man has a disability himself?

Of-course there is nothing wrong in being crippled...ok, there is something wrong...wo! u sha get the gist! it's not just a normal request for marriage but of-course everyone is entitled to getting married and being happy. It was just wierd sha...

On another note, i'm thinking bout leaving my own hair out more often oh!!! I'm one of those people that hardly wear my own hair. As in if i take my braids out on friday after work, by saturday i've replaced it with another one or with weave. I don't think anyone outside my house has seen my hair like that in a long time. Fuuny thing is it's not even for the sake of fashion oh...it's just convinient, maybe i can also call it laziness. The fact that i have to wake up each morning and go to work is already a bother for me, I wake up in enough time to be at work at the right time and many times i'm still late sef, so taking the time to do hair or think about what to do to the hair each morning does not just cut it for me. As such, i'm good with the braids.

Anyway, i was so tired of my last "fake" hair that i took it out in the middle of the week. I thought i'ld do Ghana weaving next and the lady who is going to hook it up was booked for last week. So i had to carry my hair oh since last week thursday. Funny thing is i've gotten quite a bit of compliments and attention since then. Someone at work actually told me she thought i didn't even have hair sef...the funniest compliments have come from some older men.... "oh look at you young pretty lady, you look different." " You're beautiful, u know that? you should wear your hair down more often" The man that said that just put a smile on my face since i was down sef. It's sad that both of them are too old and they are old flirts at that...hmmm....

Oh, so the story i started, i thought someone was going to add to it. I was expecting someone to mention how predictable it was, someone read it and told me he knew where i was leading to....but m & b's are usually predictable so it's ok... I've lost the zeal to write it though, see why i'm not a writer, but maybe i'll pick up somehow though....

Wo, let me go and finish this day somehow jare...

8 comments:

naijabloke said...

awww dont chicken out now was really lookin 4wud to u gettin d rich boss to fall 4 his new cleaner, in a Naija setting?!! Especially after u described a face-me-i-face-u kparo-kparo as a block of single room units...lol

naijabloke said...

yeah i think its totally refreshin to see a lady wear her own hair

Anonymous said...

Yup, someone specifically seeking a cripple is strange to me. If you're going to say that, I think you almost need to explain why.

How do you manage your hair when it's not braided or in a weave? Is it relaxed or natural? I relax and I have never worn a weave or even braids, except for one time when I was 10. I wish I was more adventurous with my hair!

O'Dee said...

Am watching a yoruba film at d moment & let me tell u i thought d same. The man will just use the babe 4 jazz.

Now 2 d hair comment, u sld let ur hair down often then.

Unknown said...

naijabloke: emm who sent you? thanks for completely spoiling the story...lol...hmmm i think just for that i'm really bout to put a twist on it...WATCH OUT!

gng: my hair in relaxed oh, did the natural thing for a few yrs but no more...but this leaving out just sends me to the hair dresser every other week because i still can't be bothered to try to roll it or anything myself...

Oluwadee:thank God i'm not the only paranoid one...lol...and the hair thing, abeg, e no go last...

Anonymous said...

seeking cripple ke?lol...maybe he too is crippled o!!!

Anu boy said...

oh well.... one can never know the reason why? maybe he is trying to do some good....

anyways, how are you doing?

Unknown said...

pink satin: that's also an option too...never know...

anu boy:his trying to do some good? hmmm...an idea but maybe far-fetched sha or maybe that's me being sceptical....

Anyway, u never go? have fun at camp and come back in one piece abeg...