Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Surprise

Eyaaa, they almost got me teary eyed today...

I can't believe they actually planned a surprise at my job and it worked! If anyone knew these people, you would understand that they could not keep a secret to save their lives.

So, we have this fund they call the sunshine fund-you know, the one where we contribute an amount monthly into to celebrate birthdays, showers, deaths, etc to co-workers or should in case the need arise sha... For birthdays, we would usually celebrate it during our monthly staff meeting. Well, this year they missed my b/day and since i'm usually personal bout it i did not announce myself either except for a few of them that knew me like that.

The lady in-charge of sunshine fund apologized when she found out like in March that they had missed my b/day in January, since i had also not contributed to the funds this year, it was ok!

Well, today they decided to surprise me... some staff of the month kinda thing in addition to my b/day they say! First i saw flowers on my table when i first got in this morning, i was still wondering who was the person i had sent that bought flowers and could not find anywhere else to put it-yeah, i'm not big on flowers. Since they were actually pretty, my last thoughts bout them was to tell one lady like this that likes flowers to please take them or put them somewhere else sha. They actually bought food, enough for everyone and cake, and i get to leave at 4 rather than 5:30p.m. not much abi- but it's something since i'm sleepy sef...

The small but mighty lady herself gave a not so touching short speech about how much i'm appreciated and all that. I'm just glad she mentioned the fact that i do all the out of my job description things and how much they appreciate that. Atleast now i know she knows!

Anyway, thought it was nice, surprised that no one even mentioned it especially the loud mouth Ms. A that can't keep a secret! lol

On another note, i was reading someone's blog and something actually struck me, she had mentioned that she found love-well more like happiness in the least expected place, as in she had the idea of everything she wanted in a man-including the fact that he was nigerian...well, all of what she wanted came in a different package being that the guy is african american...I guess her point was that we should leave ourselves open and some of our ideas about an "ideal" mate for us may just not be in our reality. Huff!

Also on another note...for the ladies, how to make a "bloke" fall in-love - http://naijabloke.wordpress.com./ from a man's perspective - check it out, i'm not sure if i completely agree with all the points though though but they are good points nevertheless...

Outie...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated! It's nice to know that you're appreciated and that the work you do is noticed eh?

I hope you had a really great day, especially since you got to leave work early.

(And Sunshine Fund is such a nice name for the fund.)

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

nicee

lol@u and flowers

naijabloke is not everyman, but i'll go read

Unknown said...

gng: it sure is nice, but with my boss, i have to feel it's some kinda set-up...a bribe...lol

omosewa, his not every man oh, that's why i said some of the points i may be able to beg to differ...not much of spoonfeeding men jare...abi?

Afrobabe said...

awwww that was so nice of them..

Not big on flowers myself and usually leave them there till they die...

LG said...

so sweeeet,
Happy belated birthday!!

Unknown said...

thanks ladyguide, but the birthday was all the way in January oh...they just skipped me...maybe because i didn't pay Sunshine fund oh...

afrobabe: that flower thing men, i just can't get the hand of it