Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Just thinking

This weekend, an uncle told me i had been included in his Will, i laughed about it reminding him that those were not the kind of things he told people (yeah, thanks to my yoruba movie watching self) just in-case... he was actually going to show it to me but i said no, his not supposed to show it to me either. I could not help but wonder though what he had left for me. A house in nigeria? some money? the house here in the states (as long as it's debt free sha) don't know what else he has that is of value like that, or like he would always tease " to you schic, i leave my dirty clothes and underwear."lol.. hmmm... i wonder.... i just wonder....(anyone remember 3rd eye? or atleast i think that's what it was called) but it's nice knowing someone likes me enough to leave me something... pray God keeps him till old age though...

Oh yeah, about 2-3 weeks ago, attended a singles and couples dinner function hosted by the church. One of the activities they had was that one where they had one partner answer questions about the other that they had previously asked the other. Which brings me to asking -

How much should we really know about our significant other?

I personally don't ask a lot of questions about things unless i'm told and don't think i'm into details like that. They asked some very funny questions that had me wondering if i'm supposed to actually know all that. Some, i'm certain i should know but others where just out of it.

They asked one lady what primary school her husband went to? she got it wrong.
They asked a guy what was his mother-in-law's maiden name? (this i still think is a little too much abi?) of-course he had no clue.
They asked another lady how she knows when her husband is trying to get some (i thought that was funny) She said he would stay home the whole day...lol.... sure got it right.
They asked the same lady her husband's best friend, she mentioned someone else but her husband had put down her...lol...
They asked this the last time they went out by themselves, dude could not remember o, but i really don't blame him sha.. i'm sure his bothered with making sure his family is alrite. The same guy they asked what was his wife's boss's name. I think he got that wrong too... but should he really have known that? and remember for that matter. At the end the wife has some funny look, and everyone kept teasing that they still had a lot of work to do after 3 yrs and he could only answer about 2 questions right out of like 6.

So i know i should know everything about my significant other but somethings i didn't even think about, like the mother-in-law's maiden name i think is a bit far-fetched... Right?

6 comments:

Good Naija Girl said...

Right! Knowing my mother in law's maiden name is certainly not on my list of things I think I should know.

I tend to ask a lot of questions, but I think most things you learn about someone you find out through regular conversation as you get to know one another. So if we were both talking about our childhoods, then I'd learn what primary school he went to but I doubt I would actually remember that fact (I don't consider it very important).

However, I should know:
-my significant other's best friend's and close friends' names
-where he works and his bosses's name
-things about his personality or mannerisms(and the 'how do you know when he wants to get some' question would fall under that category)

Sounds like your church has some fun activities...I hope you had a good time!

Good Naija Girl

Aphrodite said...

I think its cool to know those little details about ur partner... Its what makes the relationship special and unlike what he has with anyone else.

I like to ask questions like:
"Tell me 10 things about you that i do not know"

You'll be surprised how much u learn from such exercises.

That was sweet of ur uncle.

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Its not far fetched though, i think its something to be known, cause they are included in the list of inlaws.

LOL@he'll stay home all day...

Afrobabe said...

lol...some very difficult questions there...mother in laws maiden name???

not sure how much you should know other than what he is alergic to and if he can affod to buy u that dress!!!

Obinwanne said...

staying back all day home is really funny......

Anu boy said...

yoo yooo yooo.... Anu boy in the house....

werin de pop.... TGIF people