Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"They"

Let me first of all use the opportunity to welcome back Miss. Vera. One of the few people i read so diligently at work when i should have been doing proper work and how i came about starting my own blog- SHE'S BACK! and she says she's back for good! We'll see about it- A beautiful write i must add (no, i don't know her personally o) She's also been kind enough to correct my detective watching, name unknowing series. So it's not CSI I watch, it's law and order. I sha knew it was the one with Mr. Big and that SVU one ( I actually put SUV again before i saw it, na wa o).

Anyway, with that said, I could have sworn Prince had gotten the message. After not speaking to him for like a week. Unfortunately i was at a friend's place yesterday when my phone rang and since i was too lazy to even get up, my friend picked it up and it happened to be Prince. After the little pleasantries and all, i promised to call him back when i got home. My friend rite there challenged me that i should not have lied to the guy because we both knew i was not going to call him back. She knows my bad habits like that. I say i'll call u back to get off the phone a lot. Anyway, i told her i was really going to call him back sha. I figured that's the least i can do for the guy as he really would make a good friend.

Inspite of my being tired and all, i managed to call him sha. One thing i don't like is people beating around the bush. I mean, we're adults and have a right to say whatever as long as it's not offensive and rude to another rite? But not prince o! Prince would say things like so talk to me, and i'll be like about what? His usual answer is u know now? Abeg i be winch? am i supposed to know what his thinking? I've told him repeatedly that i'm open to conversation-don't call having sex-doing that thing, don't just say what's up when u're really trying to find out what is wrong with a situation. You make vague conversations, i reply vaguely too. Anyway, we were having that kind of conversation when i finally asked when you say what's up are u still refering to with both of us? As i had given different kind of excuses in the past, i told him straight up that i don't think it can work because am not at a point in my life to commit to long distance (ok, that one is a lie, but i don't want one with him) Told him i was open in the beginning because i thought i could do long distance but the effort is weighing me down and i can't and don't want to do again. Na so Prince say No o!!! That since i have put in effort in the first place, i must put in more effort now. Abeg what have i put myself into????????? I had to end with the need for me to go to sleep immediately. I was too irritated.

Unto another issue on my mind jare. About two weeks ago i was talking to a friend when she mentioned that her sister had taken some issues to prayers and "they" had told her she was have difficulty finding a husband and subsequently having kids as well. I remember when i was wayyyy younger, an aunt that used to live with us came back from her mum's town and told me she had taken the names of some men to prayer as in regards to marriage and "they" said it was to be a particular man. A very good friend of mine here as well calls home every time she is in a relationship so "they" can pray about it and there is always a response back if the guy is the one or not.

Those are only a few of the situations i've heard that "they" came back with a message from God. Honestly, I love God with a passion and as such respect men of God but i don't understand the aspect of "they." My friend asked me one time if i gave the name of the guy in my life to my father to go and pray about it and find out. Now they've been many situations from being in this country that whenever i speak to popsie he just says, well, we're praying about it and God is going to do it. Now popsie is really into God like that. Infact his one of the something for one of the biggest pentecostal assemblies in Nigeria but the most i've heard him say to a situation is that "ahh, we even prayed about the situation at our Elders Home Fellowship" or say pastor and i prayed about it. Infact the height of it has been that him and GO had prayed about it at some point.

Ok, i just lost my complete train of thoughts for this post. But i guess i was trying to understand the biblical aspect and rightness (is that a word?) of "they." In Situations i've had trying, i found that i can seek the face of the Lord in prayer and fasting and a little quiet time. Many times, i 've asked God to confirm something for me with a particular situation by asking for something else to happen and it has worked in the past. I've shared prayer requests with fellow brothers/sisters in Christ and all that and i've actually had a couple of prayer partners tell me a dream or message they had about me or a situation we had prayed concerning.

But i still don't understand "they."

No comments: