Monday, November 24, 2008

Grateful!!!

It's thanksgiving week in yankee but as Christians we're taught that everyday is thanksgiving. Atleast everyday we have a reason to thank the good Lord; if nothing else, for the fact that we have life. Sounds wierd, but not all have get such a privilege...

can u imagine someone who had the day planned out...drop off the kids at school, go to work, after work pick the kids up from afterschool, oh maybe she should stop by the groceries before picking up the kids, it may be easier without them, coming out of the grocery store, all of a sudden she slums down and blood all over, gun shot had been heard...some silly teens by the gas station got hold of a gun, practicing shotting...they miss-fired! A 36 year old life has been lost.

Or is it the 5 year old child who fell down on the Monkey bars at school, was rushed to the hospital but for some wierd reason did not make it there...

Anyway, i bet u get the gist now sha...The gift of Life...

I've got my own little worries that i allow overwhelm me sometimes and keep me down, yesterday was one of them. I actually went to bed saturday consciously telling myself that i was not going to be happy and i took that attitude to church on sunday.

Thank God for the worship and the worship leader and the the one scripture that came during the prayer session. "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord."

I looked around church and saw pple dressed nicely, i began to think- i really didn't have to walk to church. I was in my nice warm car i bought with my hard earned (even though small) salary; infact i'm still paying for it sef, thank God for "car note." I actually sepnt over a hundred dollars on my hair this same week, and still put a new pair of pants and a dress this week...

I have a roof over my head, and am warm at nite in my own bed with my fairly still new bedsheets and even comforter...

So why the heck i'm i making myself sad???????

It could have been a million times worse!!!!!!!

I have what we call a "budget" with God. It's a list we make at the beginning of the year of things we want God to do before the end of that year; and i still need to double check it but somehow i can outrightly say that i remember a few things from inside it and i can tesify that God has been good!!!

I left this, and coming back now, i've lost track of the point i was trying to make.

But i think it had something to do with just being grateful to God for little mercies...

No comments: