Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cooking - Naija Style

Am a pretty good cook but i'm not too sure about the very traditional nigerian soups. I mean things like egusi, ogbono, okra soup (ila alasepo), bitterleaf soup, etc. There is a common phrase that implies that good food is the way to a man's heart.

I want to start practicing some of these things by getting recipes online and doing it. Now i'm wondering do i outrightly tell the Mr. i can't do these things and i'm going to use recipes until i'm perfect them or do i sneak around and cook them while his away at work?

I'm going to try a recipe this evening for ila alasepo. I've done it several times but i realize it never really draws like i want it so i'm going to follow a recipe and see if i'll get it right! Maybe i'll be done before he gets back from work! hehehehe

1 comment:

Jummy said...

Ooh, good luck with this! I hope it turns out well.

Hmm, I think I would tell my guy that I can't cook; that way he won't expect me to cook like his mama (or my own mama for that matter!).

But then again, you can cook...me, I can barely cook anything!