Friday, July 10, 2009

gosh...i've really not been here in a while...

what is the nicest way to tell someone you don't want to be in their wedding after the person told you excitedly how u have to be in the wedding...She didn't ask, she told me i'm in the wedding...

I don't want to be in the wedding for two reasons:
1. I'm scared of the bridesmaid dress...i've seen the babe dress...her sense of style...not too sure what the dresses will be....she still wears jeans with brown shades...

2. I promised myself no more bridesmaid for me...ever heard the phrase "7 times a bridemaid, never a braid."

So what shall i say?

7 comments:

chayomao said...

Well, if u were allowed to choose your own dress would you still do it?
You cld tell her u r gonna be away or smth.
If she were my close friend, i wld tell her plainly, i either choose my own dress or i am out of the wedding...

Afrobabe said...

say you are otherwise engaged!!!

Young Grumbler said...

You will be out of the country...indefinitely!

Anonymous said...

I think chayoma has a good point: if you would not agree to be bridesmaid even if you could pick the dress, then you need to give an excuse that will not depend on anything.

Is it too weak an excuse to say you have a lot going on and can't commit to the wedding related wahala at this time?

Unknown said...

chayoma: well, even though i don't really want to be a bridesmaid anymore, if i could pick my own dress it would a plus for her, but i'm sure there are other maids...

afro, AJ & gng: the problem with using your responses is that the wedding is not till the summer of next year...lol

Molly said...

LOL...whose wedding is this??? Give me a hint!

Unknown said...

Manuella...remind me to show u later...