Monday, April 12, 2010

Gift of life

Between our daily struggles sometimes we forget to appreciate God for something as simple as the gift of life. I was once again reminded how precious and great a gift life is....

Early this morning i got a call from my daddy saying my Brother's father-in-law was killed by armed robbers on his way back from their home town.

It's got to be one of the saddest things i've heard in a long time for several reasons...

***well, first because his somewhat a relative albeit by marriage but somehow him and daddy became close...
***His only son's wedding was to take place this coming weekend in london...the parents were supposed to leave for london Tomorrow.
***my sister-in-law is the last born and somehow daddy's little girl even though with two kids.
***It was not a peaceful death

Am especially saddened because my father has gone through the same experience with armed robbers fortunately his life was spared...

A lot of people are already in london for the upcoming wedding including daddy not only to play in-law but because the son is also marrying a cousin who is daddy's niece....yeah we're keeping it in the family...lol...Daddy and the man had planned to chill together on Wednesday upon their arrival in london...

I pray the Lord will comfort the whole family at this time...I spoke to sis in-law and she sounded strong!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is a true gift...I'm so sorry for your (extended) family's loss.