Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So i was not thinking so much when i put up my last post, anyone that happens to go to my church and reads my blog probably now knows and can confirm exactly who i am...sad huh...no wonder i'm real easy to find...huff!

Anyway, i'm writing today for a different reason. I enjoy watching nigerian movies because they sort of remind me of home...but i saw one yesterday and was really really upset.

Can someone please tell those nigerian script writers or story writers or casting director...not sure who even handles the matter, but the problem is "please, do not give yoruba names to people who are clearly ibo and have an accent that does not allow them to pronounce the yoruba name properly...(pls note, this is said with all due respect) and vice-versa...

It totally spoils the reality of what i'm watching.

The other problem i have watching them, and this is totally personal, please don't match the really sexy, well spoken guy with some chic that can't atleast speak properly or without me thinking she has something stuck in her mouth or her tongue is not long enough....and vice-versa sha...don't use a hot babe and then just any guy as the leading male role. If both can't speak properly, i would gladly still watch without getting annoyed...

Anyway, i was just a bit worried after watching the movie from yesterday that i figured if i put my complain up here, maybe someone would be kind enough to let them movie people know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I don't watch enough movies period, Naija or otherwise. I think your critique is justified sha, and I will do my best to make sure the appropriate people see it ;)