Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ermmm...excuse me, excuse me...

yes hi, can i help you?

hi, just moved to the area, actually i just came into the country and just trying to make friends...i'm hanging out here with my friend, his uncle owns the store...

Oh really, nice...came from where? nigeria?

oh no, Russia, so what's your name?

oh welcome, i hope you're settling down well?

yes thanks, you didn't tell me your name?

oh it's schic

ahhh! you're yoruba? could not have guessed, you look hausa...i'm yoruba too, i'm Ayo...

ok, nice to meet you, sorry i have to run now...

oh ok, sorry to hold you up...maybe the next time you come here i can get your number...

yeah, maybe...i come here pretty often...

(truth is, schic went home that day a little happy, was beginning to think she had "lost it"...apparently, i still got it!)

The Next Time

Hey! Schic right?

right! sorry i forgot your name

Ayo...oh yeah, right...hope you're settling down well now?

Yeah...i thought you came here often, have not seen you in two weeks...

Oh, i've been busy...and have not needed anything from here...

Oh ok, so, can i get your number, maybe you can take me out sometime?

Well, about that, the other time i mentioned you to my husband and he thought maybe he could give you a call to maybe hang out sometime....

you're married? you don't look it...and there is no ring on your finger....

do married people look a certain way? and i choose not to wear my ring everyday, but yeah, i do have a husband at home...

(phone rings at that point)

oh, hi baby, i'm at africana, buying yam, wanted to make porridge this evening, are you on your way home already?

ok baby, we'll probably be getting home at the same time then...later

(Ayo's friend comments) (by the way, Ayo's friend is a really cool guy that runs Africana):

I could never have guessed you were married, you just come in here and get movies and plaintain chips...i've always thought maybe you lived alone and liked a quiet lifestyle...

hmmm, well...nope...i'm married but still live a quiet life...Anyway, Ayo, give me your number, i could have my husband call u up sometime maybe he could show you around...



Ayo did give me his number...

Ok, i don't know why, but i got a kick playing the married woman....hehehehehe....
it was funny to me...My life is a bore! i need excitment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are smooth! I would have caved when the owner of the shop called me out on my marital status lol.

Are wedding bells in the future sha?

Unknown said...

lol...GNG! wedding bells...hmmm...they better be in my future...well, somewhere in there...