Friday, April 18, 2008

Relationship

Hmmm… this week has been really challenging men! Still I “PRAISE.”

Song I’m singing: Praise is what do…
I vow to praise you
Through the good and the bad
I’ll praise you
When I’m happy or sad
I’ll praise you
In all that I go through
Because Praise is what I do
And I owe it all to you…

Ok, that of my chest…unto other things…

As much as people are getting married, I’ve noticed that there are actually about the same number of people looking for a partner to settle down with…well amongst us women oh…not too sure bout men as there are people getting married.

I’ve been round a couple of blogs and I know there are genuine women and men out there for some reason or the other have just not found the right “person.” Is there really a right person?

I’ve got a couple of friends who are looking to settle down and I think at this point I want to blame it on the environment abi what else? Young, beautiful, intelligent, hardworking, ladies. So if we are all that, why can’t we find men abi? Well, I’m asking the same question. I have a particular friend that even me I’m guaranteed she would make the perfect wife…far better than me I must say because she’s submissive to a fault as long as I’m concerned, caring, and romantic, Yet she’s still not found the “one” if there is something like the one.

I think this search or quest for a partner could have been much easier and less trouble if some of us of a certain age group, for females usually from 24, and for men, I think 28 are not under the pressure from our family members and others. It only gets worse when our age mates are tying the knot, marrying, jumping the broom and whatever else it is called.

I’ve read about different crazy ways people meet including facebook and HI5 so please don’t kill the idea. Nothing is impossible! You just never know!

Well I was thinking maybe this blog could help. (not like there is a lot of traffic here, but maybe I can have anyone reading it to actually tell others they know to come and add their profile).

The idea is to have people put up a brief profile. It’s nameless; we’ll use numbers for names. Now if anyone finds a profile that interests them and they want to further communicate with the person, they send me an e-mail on the condition that they also put a profile out. Individuals can decide not to want another person to reach them based on their profile.

Now, the next step after first interest would be to exchange pics. If one is no longer interested after pic, then no further information will be passed across.

Now, please on a very serious note, only those who are looking for relationships that may lead to marriage should apply. Sorry, but females under 21 and below may not apply, and men 24 and below may not apply well, unless you have an older sibling.

So, Profile Questions as follows:
Profile # 1

Age:
Sex:
Occupation:
Religion:
Faith: Presbyterian Pentecostal Catholic J. Witness Others
Resident Country:
Country of Origin:
State:
Age range of partner you seek:
Please indicate if you are interested only in someone in your
country of residence or anywhere:
Interests:
Would you like to describe yourself? If so, please do so briefly


Are you looking for specifics in a partner? If so, please explain:

e-mail (will not be displayed on the profile page)

Are there any other specific questions you ask when trying to meet someone for the first time?


Please send your profiles to this e-mail address – sassiechic@gmail.com and it will be added on. Anyone interested in any of the profiles, also send e-mail to the above address.

Ok this I think should be interesting and fun…spread the word and let’s see how it goes…

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a cool idea! I will spread the word and maybe even participate!

Chari said...

Yeah I like the Idea buh like am sad cuz am not eligible...oh well all the best at it though...

Unknown said...

charizard, sorry dear, u're not eligible...eyaa...but sweetheart, are you ready for marriage ni? when i mean ready, i mean financially, and every other "ially" that could be used...if you are, then maybe we can do something bout it...

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Hehehe i'll post on my blog...hopefully one or two or more purpose driven relationships come out of this. Well done.

Jay said...

This is so cool! definately will be part be taking part.

Jay said...

I meant taking part
See excited i got!

Unknown said...

omosewa and jarrai, thanks for the encouragement too...i kinda of first this may just be hopeless but like omosewa said, maybe one/two good will come out of it...so please share & spread the word...

Flourishing Florida said...

miss match-maker s.chic! u should meet my mom. she's an expert in finding husband! in fact, she should open an agency!!!!

Unknown said...

Free-F-F: I think i should meet your mum then...i have a feeling i'm going to like her

Ms Sula said...

You know what's funny?

About 6 weeks ago, one of my girlfriends was getting married. Lots of people flew in from all parts of the country... Surely, the couple was not that known... I was sitting with some girlfriends at the reception, looking at people obviously trying to "get to know" people, when we realized that Africans in the diaspora don't really have the chance to meet with one another or at least a wide pool of choices... So we were jokingly tossing around the idea of a Match.com for African professionals... which is a bit what your idea is about...

So it's not a bad idea at all! Let's see if you get some results. :)

Mineexclusively said...

You know what? This is an awesome idea. I have been thinking about something like this too. I have at least 40 eligible bachelors. I will go bug them to come drop or I'll drop for them.

Who knows what might happen.

Unknown said...

Ms. Sula & mineexclusively, i was actually almost giving up hope on this...but thanks to you guys again, i think my spirit is up.

I'm afraid that some people may have missed the whole idea but i'm glad u guys really get it...it's not as if either party is desperate, it's just making things easier.

Please share the word oh!!!

mineexeclusively, please oh, bug those guys to know to come on here...infact if they want to talk to me personally to check, i'll make myself available...lol

Anonymous said...

Hey Schic,

I am totally interested, but i have a question. Is there a way we can make this less general? Can we have more specifics like location, religion? Just wondering...

Anonymous said...

Ignore my previous post oh! I can see the fields r included

tankojjetty said...

nice one...
i think we've got a lot of single, lonely people out there...
i'm doing something like this but its mobile/sms based...
wish you luck..
and may the force be withus